Plastic bags have penetrated into all aspects of our lives. Whether it is shopping in the supermarket or the packaging of food, plastic bags are often used. Unfortunately, plastic doesn’t degrade on its own, and if it does, it takes about 450 to 600 years. And there is a good chance that the plastic is still not degraded, just broken down into tiny microplastics, which will then become part of the soil or seep into groundwater, causing soil and water contamination.
Reuse and recycling are the most effective ways to control plastic use and ensure it doesn’t end up in landfills and oceans. For ordinary people, it should reduce the use of plastic bags, but then reuse as much plastic as possible. For some businessmen who want to make profits from recycled plastics, they need to use some professional machines to recycle plastics. Shuliy machinery provides a complete plastic film recycling line, which helped many customers to start their own recycling businesses.
What are the common recyclable plastic bags？
Common plastic bags include plastic shopping bags, woven bags for food, food packaging plastic bags, bread packaging machines, milk bags, agricultural product packaging bags, plastic packaging for books, plastic transportation materials, etc. They are usually made of PP, PE and other materials and can be recycled.
Plastic bag recycling process
- In plastic recycling plants, they are all placed on conveyor belts, where workers manually pick up materials that cannot be recycled.
- Then remove all metal impurities with the help of magnets.
- Shredding plastic bags with plastic shredder.
- Melt all plastic with a plastic pellet making machine.
- The molten plastic is then passed through a die into elongated plastic strips and cut into small pieces.