With the growing popularity of the plastic recycling industry, the application of the plastic granulator machine (also known as the plastic pelletizing machine) is increasing rapidly. During daily use, waste plastic pelletizer machine users may encounter some glitches. This requires timely analysis of the cause and troubleshooting. Here is an explanation of its common faults and solutions.
Brief introduction to plastic granulator machine
plastic pelletizing equipment is also called a waste plastic pelletizer machine. As the most important machine in the plastic film recycling production line, it is often used in plastic recycling factories. The plastic granulator has the features of energy-saving, high efficiency, stable performance, easy operation, and maintenance.
5 Common faults and troubleshooting methods
The following are the general problems and corresponding solutions for a plastic pellet making machine. Hope the below can be helpful for you during the use of the plastic granules making machine.
1. The main motor of plastic pelletizer does not roll or shut down instantly
- Reasons: unstable power supply voltage or poor contact; insufficient heater heating or a heater does not work, which makes the motor overload due to excessive torque
- Treatment methods: check the main motor circuit connection of the plastic granulator machine; check the temperature display of each section of the heater, and check whether the heater has poor contact or damage.
2. The main motor of the plastic pellet making machine rolls, but the screw does not.
- Causes: The transmission V belt becomes loose, wears and slips; or the safety key becomes loose or disconnected.
- Troubleshooting methods: adjust the center distance of the V-belt, tighten the belt, or replace with a new V-belt; check the safety key, analyze the cause of the break, and replace the safety key.
3. The screw of the pellet machine runs normally, but does not discharge materials
- Reasons: the feeding of the hopper is not continuous; or there is a foreign object blocking the feeding port; or a metal hard object falls into the screw groove to block the screw groove, and the material cannot be fed normally.
- Solutions: The troubleshooting method of this failure: increase the feed volume to keep the screw feeding continuously; stop the machine to check and remove the foreign matter in the feed port. If it is confirmed that there is a metal foreign body falling into the screw groove, stop the machine immediately to remove the screw and remove the metal foreign body.
4. The plastic granulator machine causes the vent hole to take off the material
- Causes: there are impurities in the raw materials, or the feed speed is too fast to make the screw extrusion unstable, or the plasticization temperature is not enough.
- Treatment method: clean the raw materials before feeding or replace the filter screen, or reduce the feeding amount to make the screw extrude smoothly, or increase the plasticizing temperature. However, the temperature should not be too high to prevent burns to the plastic and affect the quality of production.
5. The main motor torque is too low
- Reasons: the feed system failure caused the twin-screw idling.
- Solution measures: Check whether the additive system or the main material feeding system is faulty, and clean the blockage of the plastic granulator.
To conclude, it is needed to make a timely analysis of the faults and take reasonable measures in time to ensure the normal performance of the plastic recycling pelletizing machine.